Sunday, February 18, 2018

Where to find happiness?

Aoife and I said "Walmart!" at the same time to the question, "where should we go?"
Cousin Kiki present too, off we went, because it was so serendipitous!
The girls advised me on what to buy. "Not too granny" was the qualifier! Their treat was make up and matching necklaces.
A man asked me to skip in front of me to pay for his shirt because that's all he had, and I had a cart full.
He helped me unload, and said, "you helped me, I help you." He had a sweet smile and soft eyes. But somehow, he made the magazine I got for my Lu disappear. It was "Toronto Life" magazine with a big article on Jagmeet Singh, who Lucy is campaigning for amongst her friends.
I left my pile of goodies with the two girls at the McDonalds, where they munched fries. (I know, yuck, but they are preteens on the town, going on thirty seven!) I headed back to get the magazine and lined up in the fast lane to pay. The cashier's name tag said "Bibi". She just beamed, not just at me, she beamed, period! I told her how lovely it is to be greeted with such a smile. She asked me to tell her manager, which I did. Then, I asked her, "where does your joy come from?" She said, "my heart and," she pointed upwards, and whispered, "God. And my mom. My mom is always happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment