Thursday, March 1, 2018

My life is Spectacular

When sadness is left behind
Because the girls need new swim suits
And the land lord needs his mail
And I set outside to give the neighbors
Their mail, put into my box
By a distracted mail man,
And I see the eighty four year old neighbor
On the other side
Still raking her lawn,
After hours in her spring garden.
It catches my eye
The sun, causing such a spectle at the end of our street.
I have to honour God’s handy work
With at least a photo
Before I drive west into the light
And into the mall.
The young neighbor laughs at me
From behind the glass of her car,
As I gesture to the astral beauty.


Twelve hours later
It catches me again
Like a cat, hiding and waiting
To grab by arm
And get my attention
Admiration flows towards its texture
The details
The colours
Of the star’s gown
And off I rush again
To breakfast and lunches
And dressing my body in color and texture and warmth

This pause, this awe
Is the tonic of my soul,
the missing ingredient in the recipe of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment